Friday, November 14, 2008

Unidentified

mom: will you get up now!
me: acha jee, uth rahi hoon ( ok ok, im goin)
mom: jaldi karo mujhe dair ho rahi hai (hurry up, im getting late)

grinding my teeth, i surrender, pick up the phone and dial the "sacred" number which by now, i can easily recall even if im doped! khair keeping my fingers crossed i wait for the line to connect and thanks to my lucky star, it does yeehaaaaa!!, i wouldn't have surprised myself if i had done a somersault in utter joy (not that i know how to.. but you get the point)

with the line connected, im asked to wait for let say, eternity ( no kidding... mom told me to turn off the stove after im done calling and by the time i entered kitchen, the air was heavily pregnant with the smell of burnt food!!!) finally i get the honour of being able to voice my humble request and voila... man i should have known better.... fazool ma itni lambi call karwai and not to mention the burnt food and what for? just to get told what i was betting 99.99995% would be the answer......

" SORRY APP KA ID CARD ABHI NAI BANA....." $$$$ the bastards!

don't mind my swearing, i cant help it. the first time i went to get my id card made was in Jan. '08. its going to be a full year now.. the first time i called, they told me k there was some mistake in my fingerprints and so i had to get them corrected. since then i have been to the godforsaken NADRA office thrice and have given my signatures and fingerprints about twice and every effing time im told that there was some problem in the system and they didn't go through to Islamabad. God how i hate this system. its not that i consider waiting in lines below my precious little pampered pompous snob of a self...its just too damn irritating to be told again again that the they got rejected. moreover the customer services lines are always engaged, see now you know the secret of my happiness when the line went through. and to cap it all, when ever i give my finger prints and the signature ..they are bloody well accepted by the computer but what happens next is beyond me.

the last time, i went there, i completely blew up and almost almost started shouting at the people there, mom stopped me from creating a bit more of a scene than i had already! its not that i am paranoid or what i mean aik saal hona wala hai aur ya kaam abhi tak latka wa hai... now i hav to go in there again and give my fingerprints and signature and photograph for... im losing count now...

im not superstitious but if it doesn't go well this time too, i cant help wondering if some curses or jinxes are doing there work. so please help me God. thus till then im still Unidentified!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha aw poor you :D
loved ur post hehehehe
ah the fun of being unidentified :p
that reminds me of Dave...wasnt he non existent too? lol...

lost in rome said...

oh yes he was n his name was davies. but i have forgotten the name of the menace, the one who tortured him...micheal??

uff i went in again today.... was a pain da a$$!! n guess what i forgot to take my bay form... so much for ranting about it lakin kaam ho gaya..gave the info for the fifth time..iv been rejected 4 time can u believe it!!

Anonymous said...

mick

lol, but the main thing is you got it ;) now please guard it with ur life, you can afford to misplace it :p